Its been months since I last posted but I’m hoping to change that this year. For some reason I found it really difficult to maintain two blogs and found that most of what I wanted to say had to do with art. Wanting to keep my art discussions on my other blog meant that I wasn’t sure what to write about on here any more! So, I’ve made a bit of a plan. I have a few things I want to write about on a weekly basis so we will see how that goes.
To start with I thought I’d type up some of my 2015 goals. I realise its almost February but the kids only went back to school yesterday so I’ve not had proper head space until now. Here’s a few of my goals, I’ve not included some of the more personal/private goals so there are about two or three not listed:
1. Properly reduce stress. I don’t handle stress well at all. My brain seems to be set at a high level of fight or flight after a bout of very bad stress a few years ago. I end up with the whole range of physical stress and anxiety symptoms which make it worse. I want to get on top of this properly. Plan of attack: exercise, Bible study, work on how much I take on.
2. Lengthen my fuse. I tend to have a short fuse, I take things personally, get grumpy at the kids and end up saying things I shouldn’t. Plan of attack: Prayer, Bible study, being purposeful in my responses, simple things like deep breathing and counting to 10.
3. Finish major projects. The main one left on the list is our caravan. I need to do the interior decorating mainly including painting, curtains and replacing mattresses. Plan of attack: set aside a day just for each task.
4. Improved meal planning. I used to do this more and still have my monthly plan. I’ve just gotten lazy and overwhelmed. Plan of attack: sit down on morning in the next week and make a proper plan and list. Stick to it.
5. Visual Bible Study. I have slacked off with my Bible study lately, well for a while. I have still been reading my Bible or attending a study but sitting and going through verses and pondering them is something I want to do. I always enjoy my time thinking about practical application but mostly I like to create a visual representation of what I’m looking at in the form of a brain storm style chart. Plan of attack: set a specific day or time to do this.
6. Art goals. Recently I had all my 2013-2014 oil painting work printed up in a catalogue. I’m not a very assertive person so these are still sitting here and I’m not sure what to do with them. I want to make sure these get put to use. I also aim to enter 6-8 art prizes this year. I have applied for two so far and am hoping to enter another one by Feb 17th. This year I would just love to sell some paintings, I want to financially contribute to the family. I am also planning on attending a term at Julian Ashton’s Art school. I also want to spend at least one day a week outside the house, either pleinair painting, going to exhibitions, galleries or sketching somewhere. I would also like to get more involved in my art society, Oatley 101. Plan of attack: Keep a diary, set days for each and set deadlines.
7. Regular Hostessing. I want to invite more people over for a meal or afternoon tea. I do enjoy this but introverted me has backed away from this a lot more lately. Plan of attack: make a list and start inviting people.
8. Other. The list of other things I’d like to implement include: encouraging specific family members regularly being BOLDer, start a children’s art class, set some laptop boundaries, draw every day, set and keep to house rules for the girls.
The list is longer than I thought and it feels a bit like an overhaul. I probably should have more in there about exercise but I don’t want to focus on that yet. Any exercise I do will be for stress management only.
How’s that for 2015 goals? Quite a lot I suppose but I’ve had a while to think about it. Do you have any big goals? Leave a comment below if you like, I’m interested to hear what you’re planning.